Wednesday, April 28, 2010

rough hands

havent shared in awhile so i feel like talking about how i feel about manlyness/manhood. and when i say that i dont really know where im goin with it.

first memories of beards i think were of my father picking me and my brother up at grammys after school on fridays and me playing peek-a-boo with dad in the window closest to the walkway outside. dad would sometimes have a full beard or a mustache, i was so jealous. He drives transport still does and i would often not seem him for 2 weeks, and being young i wouldnt know what weekends he was goin to be home so the surprise was nice. Old men with beard are so interesting, i think, to look at. its the character in them. there are different shapes of beards that can tell you things about the man under them. well this is turning into how i look up to the men in my childhood.

i like my rough hands the most. to me its a sign of a hard worker and that your tough. I try to make my hands rough at work i never ware gloves to lift things even if i should. small cuts just dont bother me that much, the scraps and scars are little memories. Looking at them now i like them more, my hands are strong and have character in them, they are artistic and dexterous. i even like how big they are and wish they were a bit bigger.

this is definitely getting a part 2, i'll post this much i'll be back another day to keep talkin about this kind of stuff

2 comments:

  1. i too like rough hands on men. and i also like that i have contrastingly soft hands.

    ReplyDelete